If your Toshiba laptop has a blinking amber battery light and won’t start, chances are that your battery is dead. The laptop won’t even turn on with the AC power cable connected to it. It appears as though Toshiba designed the laptops to stop working completely when the battery is dead. (usually after 300-500+ charges)
- To verify if its the battery, remove the battery by pushing down on the two battery release tabs on the bottom of the laptop and remove the battery.
- Make sure the AC power cable is not connected. After a few seconds, connect the AC power cable to the laptop.
- Press the power button. If it powers up, then the battery is most likely the problem. In the meantime, you should be able to use the laptop normally with the AC adapter.
- To find the laptop battery, look at the battery and check what model number it is. For example “pa3356u-3brs” . I recommend purchasing new batteries at Amazon.com, typically they have the best prices for aftermarket batteries.
- Enter the battery model number in the search box. You should see a list of batteries in your search results. I’d select the ones with the highest reviews. LaptopMate is a decent seller on Amazon with a 99% positive feedback.